Help: Browser settings
This page describes the settings on Choosy's “Browsers” tab. To find these settings launch the Choosy app (from Finder, Launchpad, etc.) and then click on the Browsers tab.
The settings on this tab allow you to control Choosy's browser list:
- Customise the list of browsers
- Reorder the list of browsers
Customise the list of browsers
You can add browser to the browser list in two ways:
- Drag and drop a browser app from Finder.
- Use the plus button below the list. This will pop up a menu allowing you to easily add any browsers that macOS knows about, or to browse and select an app.
You can add any application to the browser list, but not all applications are able to open HTML files or web links. If you add an application that isn't a browser it may not function correctly.
To remove a browser from the list:
- Click on the browser in the list.
- Click the minus button below the list.
Reorder the list of browsers
To change the order of the browser list, drag and drop the browsers into a different order.
You should order your browser list with your favourite browser at the top of the list and your least favourite at the bottom of the list. The order of the browsers in your browser list effects Choosy's behaviour in various ways:
- Rule settings that refer to the “best” or “favourite” browser determine which browser is best or favourite by looking at which browsers are higher up the list.
- The row prompt uses the same order as the browser list. When you click on a link and it triggers the row prompt the browser at the top of the list will be directly under the mouse. The further down the list the browser is, the further you will have to move the mouse to select that browser.
- The circle prompt extends the button for the browser at the top of the browser list into the centre of the circle, directly under the mouse.